Friday, November 27, 2009

turkey, chocolate & family...

i am still smiling from our family thanksgiving festivities...although everyone could not be there...it was a wonderful family celebration...

one of the things i love about my mom...is how she loves to open up her home to others...i remember that from when i was a little girl...till now...she loves entertaining...and she is always looking for those who might not have somewhere to go on a holiday...

there were many times when i still lived at home...that she would ask if i had any friends who had no where to go...to invite them to our holiday dinners...so last nite was no exception...to her...friends ARE family...she invited my sister-in-laws famly over...because...they are family..even if only through marriage...

there was so much laughter around the table..our family...when together...well...we get kinda loud...as i sat back a few times last nite...and listened to everyone talking...and laughing...and telling stories...it warmed my heart...this was family...and this is one of the things that my mom taught me...how to open up your home to others...

the surprise of course...for me...was when my sister-in-law came out of the kitchen with a chocolate birthday cake for me...it was so unexpected...and such a lovely surprise...they all were laughing at me...because of my chocolate overload last year...
here is the story of my birthday cakes last year entitled "chocolate birthday cake...nothing better..." they were half expecting me to bring my own cake again...but when do i do what is "expected?" tee-hee

it was a wonderful day...and a reminder of all the good things...the simple things that make life sweeter...

No comments: