Thursday, November 26, 2009

thanksgiving 09

today is thanksgiving...a day of thankfulness...the thing is...although it is a wonderful day...we...especially we as christians should be thankful every day...and as much as i try to be...sometimes i let my circumstances get the best of me...but when i bring myself down to reality...there is one constant in my life...and that is the Lord Jesus Christ...He has never failed me...He has never left me...He has never stopped loving me...

wow...

that is truly overwhelming...

and for that...i am grateful!

i have been blessed with an amazing family...and amazing friends...

and for that...i am thankful...

He knows what i need...when i need it most...

the one thing about writing a blog...is that it is a cool barometer in checking where your life was at certain points...especially with my memory...that comes in handy...every once in a while i will look back and read over a month...and feel those emotions...see the growth...see the love...see all the things i am blessed with...

this morning i re-read last year's thanksgiving post...and although it came months after a very dark time...His presence in my life was so evident...and the words i wrote that morning...a year ago...still ring so true in my life...

one thing i know...is how undeserving of His love i am...but He loves me dispite myself...

thank you Lord for another year of life...of health, happiness, love, and even the rain...for without it...i wouldn't have the rainbow afterwards...

here is last years post...thanksgiving morning...

No comments: