Tuesday, September 23, 2008

God's timing in the smallest way...


this is the adorable face that i have woken up to the last few mornings...bucky belongs to a good friend of mine...
God's timing never ceases to amaze me...my girlfriend had asked me to dog sit bucky about a month ago...and of course i said that i would...fast forward a month...and after a very emotional and hard week...i pack up and head over to stay with bucky...my girlfriend and her husband live in a very tranquil neighborhood...so could it be that this was all in God's timing? i believe so...
i needed to get away...i wanted to get away...and in this serene tranquil setting...i was able to think and pray and relax...the home is on the water...so i spent hours sitting on the deck...getting in tune with nature...and all its beauty...mostly i just sat...and listened to the silence...and just let the Lord soothe my soul...it was what i needed...
in the mornings i woke to birds chirping...ducks quacking...and a beloved little face looking up at me...tail wagging...ready to start the day...it renewed me...and it got me out...walking through the neighborhood...everytime i would look at bucky...his little tail would start wagging...he always made me smile...
even though i am not a big tv watcher..even that was set up for me...big screen tv in the living room...big screen tv in the bedroom...yes...the bedroom...you need to understand...for someone who has never had a tv in the bedroom...that is quite the treat!
today is my last day with bucky...but i'm thankful for this small blessing that i received...God is always with us...through the good times and the bad times...i know that - but sometimes in the heat of the moment...i believe that if we look up...we can see God's timing in the smallest way magnified ten fold...
Yearning...
"To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common--this is my symphony." -William Henry Channing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG...he is adorable, it's going to be hard to say goodbye to that face.