Monday, September 8, 2008

tiny blessings...

blessings are all around us...at times we may be so focused on the "other" things in our lives that we don't notice them...but they are still all around us...

last week was a busy week - although there were alot of fun moments...in the back of my mind...there were all the things that were swirling around in my head...the things that were causing stress in my life at this time...

i decided to make a conscious effert to find the tiny blessings in my life...to focus more on them than my "problems"

i am sure there are alot of blessings that i missed...but there were many that i "found" and focused on...here are three of them...

the first came in the way of listening to a radio talk show that i try and hear every day...it is a call-in show where people call in with their situations and "the boys" help with Godly teaching and advice...on this day...for some reason (i do not remember them ever doing this before) they were offering to all callers who called in... a book...this was a book on my list that i knew i wanted to get...and here it was being offered for free! tiny blessing...

the next came in the way of a trip to costco...i needed to get a digital camera...i knew what i needed...but didn't want to spend alot of money on it...there it was...a high powered digital camera for about $200 less than everywhere else...and...there was only one left...tiny blessing...

the third and the "big one" came in the way of being able to visit my friend carol two more times in the hospital. by all accounts by the doctor...we were all supposed to be at her funeral this last week...but God had different plans...and her friends and family have been able to spend extra time with her. although we are all prepared...well... as much as we can be...every day is a huge blessing that we are not taking for granted...

i challenge you today - to look for the tiny blessings in your life...i can guarantee that you will be pleasantly surprised at how God continues to show His love to us in tiny ways...and as we may be waiting on Him for the 'big" answers for things in our life that may be at the forefront of our thoughts...don't miss out on the many "tiny blessings" He showers us with daily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes people don't realize the tiny blessings because they are waiting for a smack upside the head kind of a blessing. I have little blessings all the time and when I finally realize what happened I stop to thank God for them and praise him for blessing me with something I haven't ask for or have yet to ask for. I come to realize that I would rather receive many tiny blessings than the big ones, so I can thank God more often. Have a blessed day today and the rest of the week.