Thursday, September 4, 2008

new old friends...

i have recently joined the world of facebook & myspace...this all started by the prompting of my nieces...my response...i would join if they helped me...so we started my myspace page...it had not been more than a week - when friends were saying..."you need to be on facebook"
are you kidding me? but reluctantly...i set up my facebook...

wow - what a ride it has been...in a matter of 3 weeks or so - i have reconnected with old friends from high school, from prior jobs, from my old church...it has been crazy! now the challenge is to limit my time on my facebook/myspace...it can be addicting...

i think the most surprising thing has been that some relationships have been like they never stopped...we kinda just continued where we left off...getting caught up on married/not married...how many kids/what age...has been refreshing...

my social calendar which has alway been pretty full is now exploding...i've got get togethers planned, dinners, brunches, lunch & drinks on my books...

it has really made me focus on things that are important in life...sometimes i tend to hang on to things in my life that are not where i want them to be...and my focus is on that and only that...and many times those are the things that i absolutely cannot control...but they consume my thoughts...i have found that there were times that i let my focus become blurred to what was all around me

i have been blessed with incredible friends and family...there are people in my life who genuinely want to spend time with me, care about what is going on in my life, encourage me to press on and want to know what makes me tick...i cheat myself when i focus on the few who don't

i need to focus on only those things that i can control...and that one thing is me - i can work on being the best daughter, sister & friend to those in my life...the rest will all work itself out...

i actually think with all these new dates on my calendar...i'll probably be wearing my new shoes alot sooner than i had planned!

No comments: