Wednesday, November 19, 2008

dinner with andy...

last nite my friend andy took me for birthday celebrations to boulevard in san francisco...one of my fave restaurants...it was so nice to see him and catch up...

andy and i go way back to my days at bgi...he has recently retired (at the age of 45!) and has been traveling all over the world for the last year and a half...it was wonderful to hear of all his travels...places he has been...and places that are planned for the coming year...

before he retired...he had been out of the country most of the last 10 years...traveling for work...so we rarely had a chance to see each other...but kept in touch via email mostly and sporadic phone calls...

the sweetest thing for my birthday this year...was that he planned his travels around my date...
so my dinner date was planned literally between a trip to poland and singapore...i thought that was kinda sweet...warmed the cockles of my heart...i told him...

the evening was full of lots of reminiscing...we used to always go sailing by the golden gate bridge...all our work escapades...massive dinner parties...but one moment made me blush...andy got a kick out of that...he started telling me the first moment he "noticed" me at work...he had been working for about a month...apparently when i made my entrance...this one day...his first thought was..."and why is this the first time i am noticing her?"...i never never knew...i of course argued on some of his detailed accounts...especially the "short shorts" i was wearing...although we both know that my memory bank is about the size of a gnat...i had planned to tell the story...but i think i'll just keep it between the two of us...;o)

so as andy gets ready for his trip to singapore...i am looking forward to more birthday celebrations...

but one plan made last night...is that we will make a point to get back out and sail...
that makes me long for summer...

No comments: