Monday, November 10, 2008

monday blues...

ever have one of those days...where nothing is wrong...yet everything is wrong? i'm having one of those today...

i have even debated not writing...but writing is probably what i need to do...

came out of an absolutely incredible weekend...dinner with friends on one nite...the opera and dinner on another nite...hanging out with friends during the day...

so why am i feeling a bit gloomy? is it the weather? is it because it is monday? is it because i have been in my circumstance too long? is it because my life is ho-hum today? is it because i'm not feeling well physically?

so many reasons as to why...which one fits? or is it the combination of all of them...gotten me to a point where i just want to crawl back into bed...

the urge is there...but i fight it...i fight it...because i have really been focusing on the good in my life...and there is so much good...it would be a shame to focus on the bad...because really...the bad is out of my control...and the bad does not rule my happiness or contentment...and the bad...in the big scope of things...is not that big...not when i focus on the good...

so i guess i have two choices...to crawl into bed...which i have already decided is not an option...or make the most of my day...

my to-do list is long...and nothing on it seems exciting...but i focus on the feeling i will have...the sense of accomplishment when done...

and i focus on all the "moments" God has already given me today...those little hugs needed along the way...

my conversation with my mom this morning...her laughter...
the three phone calls i have already received from friends...just saying hi...and checking in...
the beautiful rose blooming in my front yard...
my neighbors dog "capote" who licked my face to death this morning when he saw me...
the wonderful worship music blasting through my house...reminding me of His love

for these reasons...i fight the urge to crawl back into bed...there is so much life and love around me...i just want to soak it all in...and focus on the many blessings i am surrounded in...

No comments: