Monday, November 3, 2008

uh oh...is that a pity party forming?

ever have one of those days... where you feel like you are on the side of the highway...need to get on the highway...and have no idea how to get there??

i had one of those days yesterday...nothing grand happened...it was just the combination of small irritants...that made me feel like i was always one step behind...

what do you do with days like that? it is so easy to weigh heavily on the small circumstances that happen...people and their choices...issues that pop up...and start spiraling down into a major pity party...

there were times in my life that this happened...sometimes quite frequently...but i get excited...that i am able to pinpoint the beginnings of a pity party...and sway my thinking...

so what do you sway your thinking to? i truly believe that each individual...no matter what there circumstance...has so much to be thankful for...and that is where i go...

i think of all the good things in my life...the wonderful friends and family...i got a big taste of that yesterday...even at church...in the foyer...i met a new friend...was able to give and receive hugs from lots of people that i normally don't spend alot of time with...mostly due to me squirting in and out of church through the side door...yesterday i made a point to linger around...in the front...and i ended up spending about 30 more minutes there!

i realized i need to do that more often...i left with such a feeling of fullness...and during that time...as i focused on the people around me...funny thing happened...i forgot the feeling of being on the side of the highway...one step behind...

my circumstances did not change...but my attitude did...and suddenly...my circumstances became manageable...

No comments: