Wednesday, December 24, 2008

christmas eve morning...

it is christmas eve morning...as i sit in my living room...it is still a bit dark out...the christmas tree lights are twinkling...it is raining outside...

the neighborhood is starting to wake up...there is the occasional car that drives by...

i sit in the quiet...reflecting on the true meaning of christmas...the message of christmas that so easily gets lost in the hustle and bustle of getting the tree up...buying the right gifts...getting them wrapped...figuring out where christmas celebrations will be spent...

but this morning...i reflect on isaiah 9:6

for unto us a child is born...unto us a son is given...and the government shall be upon his shoulder...and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father...and The Prince of Peace is He...

He has been all these things to me...i don't know anything different...

He came to this world...the King of Kings...born in a manger...no fan fare...no nothing...came to save the world...

He saved me...

this year...especially in the last 3 months...3 difficult months...His peace has enveloped me as i never could have imagined...He truly is the Prince of Peace...

this christmas eve...as i reflect on Him...i am thankful for all that He is to me...more than what He has given me...in way of family and friends...although all of that is so important to me...

most importantly is my relationship with Him...without it...i do not know where i would be today...He is my rock...my source of comfort...my source of peace...my strength...my father...my everything...

No comments: