Friday, December 5, 2008

where i find my self-worth...

i think what God is teaching me right now...is...a lot about where i find my self-worth...

so it was by no means an accident when my sister-in-law gave me a cd series to listen to...along the same lines...yes...i believe God had everything to do with it...;o)

the series is called "precious in His sight" taught by theresa ingram, wife of chip ingram...
it was basically a teaching to help women understand that they are fully forgiven, deeply loved, and have great worth because of their relationship with Christ...

we all spend many hours and days trying to be someone significant...often times looking in the mirror and not liking what we see...little do we know how precious we are in God's sight...

i know intellectually that God loves me...that His Son died for me...and His word is true to me all the time...but i do not necessarily feel it all the time as truth in my life day to day...

as i have gotten older...as i look into the mirror as a 46 year old women...i am less confident in how i look...and i'm being challenged to look to see where my confidence lies beyond my physical appearance...

speaking with others who are getting older...i am learning that everyone is going through the struggles as they age...especially in our culture...with the magazines and movies "telling" us how we should look...what size we should be...

i am learning that i need to let that go...

don't get me wrong...i still care about how i look...and i try to look my best...

but the point is ...

where is my worth?

is my worth in my impression of myself? or is it in other peoples impression of how i look?

or is it in...

how much God loves me no matter who i am or what i will become?

No comments: