Monday, December 8, 2008

treasures in small towns...

one of the advantages to have been in outside sales for many many years...was to be able to visit so many little towns and cities in northern california...

today...three of us decided to get in the car...and go visit some of these hideaways...there is something about these little towns...finding the main street...and all the little stores...the unique treasures that can be found...

first stop was santa rosa...definately not a little town...but there is a tiny store on the corner of 4th and talbot called "favorite things"...i always hated the drive for work - especially when i had to make it 3 times a week...but i loved stopping into this store...

"favorite things" is a gift store that has incredible trinkets for your home...today was special in that i had never been to it while it was decorated for christmas...i found two beautiful fluer de lys ornaments...and an eiffel tower..."so elena"...my friends agreed...

2nd stop on our girls day was sebastopol...here we stopped for a luscious breakfast/lunch...
strolled down the main strip to some hidden consignment shops...there was one store that was closed on monday's...but peeking through the window...very parisian...looks like i'm going to be needing to go back for that one...everything looked beautiful in the store...i was a bit bummed that it was closed...

3rd stop...petaluma......antique stores...one in particular...which is actually advertised as a military antique store...we decided to go in anyway...so glad i did...i found the most magnificent treasures...some vintage jewelry pieces...for a steal! i found the most beautiful cameo necklace...and a pearl choker...with the most beautiful clasp....along with that...some beautiful pins...they were so underpriced...but for me it was another blessing for me...

my morning had started with me taking my car in for a simple oil change...an hour later...the phone call i received from my honest faithful mechanic...was that i needed brakes...and new tires...so 1300.00 later...i was a bit...well...feeling sorry for myself...

my girlfriends...however...lifted my spirits...and all in all...the reality was...that i had a dependable car...i had my health...and my new part time job...so really i have a lot to be thankful for...so i decided to be thankful instead of dwelling on the looming bill...

in that...i ended up having a fabulous day with two of my favorite people...who also had taken me out last night for my big birthday bash dinner...

seriously...what is there that i need to complain about?

all in all...a really fabulous day!

No comments: