Tuesday, December 16, 2008

true friendship...how sweet it is...

there is something so comforting in old friends...

today i got to see a friend that i have not seen in over 16 years...in high school...we were inseparable...we went to the same school...same church...sang in a quartet together for many years...many many memories...

when tania got married...her husband and her moved away to montana...this month...she made the trip out to sacramento to visit her famiy...we had planned on me coming out to see her...and then i got this job with crazy hours...and knew that i wouldn't be able to make it...

tania decided to make a day trip out to the bay area...and visit with some friends...i knew that she was driving back the same day...and felt bad as the hours went by...i finally called her...told her i was still at work...at this point it was 9:15pm...and she was looking at a 2 hour drive...
she said only one thing to me..."i will not leave tonite...until i get a chance to see you and hug you"

as i finished up at work...i headed over to where she was...i was greeted with the warmest hug...
as we sat and reminisced...i had forgotten some of the wonderful memories we had together...
we laughed and caught up...it was wonderful...

over 16 years...and it was like i had just seen her last week...that is true friendship...

as i drove home...all i could do was thank the Lord for all the wonderful friends that i am blessed with...i know that i bring them up alot in my blog...but it is something that i do not take for granted...

i am forever grateful for the wonderful friends the Lord has blessed me with...they are a big part of who i am today...it was through the love, encouragement & laughter...being there with me through good and bad times...no matter what was going on in my life...my friends...my true friends...have always...and still today...remain by my side...cheering me on...supporting me...loving me...

No comments: