Friday, June 19, 2009

49 years...

today my parents are celebrating their 49th wedding anniversary...

what an example they have shown me as to what a relationship is all about...in all the years that i lived at home...i do not recall a time that they ever fought...the thing is...i know that they did...but it was never in front of the kids...and it never lasted long...obviously...

both my brothers got the same advice from my mom on each of their wedding days...
respect each other...and most importantly...don't go to bed angry at each other...

sounds so simple...but i truly believe that is what has kept my mom & dad together for so long...i never saw them disrespect each other...and if they were angry...it was resolved...before they went to bed...

the thing that i love so much when i watch them...and talk to them...is that they truly enjoy each others company...after 49 years...three kids...they still have fun together...they still have so much that they talk to each other about...they still laugh together...

thank you mom & dad for showing me a true example of what a relationship is supposed to look like...happy anniversary!

No comments: