Friday, June 12, 2009

i've got the hook-up...

oh boy...do i have the hook-up...

well...actually...my dad has the hook-up...but since i have been blessed beyond measure to be his daughter...i automatically get the hook-up...life is good...

let me explain...for years and years...my dad makes the little trip to san francisco...more to give him something to do...visit with friends of his...in little hole-in-the-wall places...he is friends with some who own restaurants...and some farmer market type places...i'm not sure...the thing is...he won't tell me! isn't that crazy??

my dad...being the protective human being that he is...thinks that some of the places he goes to...are not "safe"...ok...so they are safe for him?? but not for me?? or maybe he just likes to be the hero coming back with all the goodies...

it really doesn't matter...i like the fact that he has fun days hanging out with his friends...laughing it up...as i know they do...

usually...my dad calls and asks if i want anything...he goes about once a week...and i do request my favorites...wherever these places are...he brings back the best vegetables...the best fruit...the best meat...it is far more fresh that what i get at the grocery store...and the fruit...well...sometimes it amazes me...the size of some of the fruit...i call it fruit on steroids...

today...i went to my dad's...cause he had "stuff" for me...i got the usual...the best brussel sprouts around...yummy when roasted with olive oil & garlic...got my asparagus...got my argentinian tea..."mate cocido"

the surprise?? 2 lbs of the most luscious, sweetest & biggest strawberries ever! yum yum yum!
dad got an extra big hug & kiss for that!!

so as we tease good ole dad about his jaunts in the city...i'm thankful for my dad's hook-up's...which in turn...become my good ole hook-ups...

No comments: