Thursday, June 11, 2009

what does my gardener do exactly?

i'm thinking of firing my gardener...

i've been thinking this for quite some time...i really don't think he does enough for the amount that he charges...

monday of this week...my mom came over...we gardened...my mom is a work horse...seriously...i think the only thing that stopped us was the fact that the recycle bin couldn't hold anymore...so we stopped...

my mom asked me what my gardener does exactly...good question mom...as i've been wondering the same thing...

other than once in a while trimming some of the big bushes in the yard...and even that is annoying...what is it with gardeners...that they feel that every bush needs to be a square shape? that does not even remotely look natural...but hence...when he trims...that is what happens...i have a yard full of square bushes...

he kinda cleans up the driveway and such...with his blower...but even that...is such a poor job...i can always spot major areas that were missed...every time he is here...

so he mows the grass...but i am seriously wondering if i should just do that myself...it is not that big a patch of grass...and for his monthly fee...that he shows up for twice a week...for about a 10 minute stay...well...needless to say...it is really driving me crazy...

one of my pet peeves...is people doing their absolute least amount of work needed...and expecting full amount of payment...something has gotta give...you would think with the economy the way it is...businesses would be trying to hold on to the customers they have...while offering them top notch service...not in my gardeners case...

with all that my mom & i did on monday...i should just turn around and pay her...not that she would take it...but the day was fun...we cleaned up a lot of weeds, overgrown plants, repotted, resoiled...

i'd like to think that my gardener showed up today and was surprised by all the work that was done...and the recycle bin being packed to the rim...i would like to think he would be embarrassed...but i doubt it...in fact...he was probably thrilled that he wouldn't have to stay the whole 10 minutes...and call it a day...and bill me...for what my mom & i did...

yeah...i think his days are numbered...

No comments: