Tuesday, June 2, 2009

how dare you take me off the list...

i have recently been doing a lot of clean-up...i do not know what started it all...but i do not recommend "cleaning up" in every area of your life at the same time...it can be...well...pretty overwhelming...and at times...you start to wonder if anything is really getting done...

sometimes you come across something that stops you in your tracks...in these moments...i may sit down...and relish the moment...it may be a letter from long long ago...a card...a picture...and then i am back to the horrible decision...do i keep it?? or do i get rid of it?

one of the areas i have been cleaning up is in the area of my client list...as postage is going up...and i continue to add new clients to my list...i have looked over the list...and for those that never have expressed a desire to come to the shows...or never returned my calls (that is a whole different post...i do not understand how people...still to this day...in business...do not return calls =(...phew that felt good to get it out) or those that made appointments...showed up...obviously not wanting to shop but look...(which is not a problem...but it becomes apparent which of these individuals...will never buy) and then those that make appointments and never show up...(yes...another blog post) as my business is by appointment...when i get several who come by only to snoop...or those that make appointments and not show up...these were time slots where i didn't book a "real" customer...

the funny thing about cleaning up my client list...is that now that a few shows have past...i am getting the phone calls from those people...obviously disturbed that "they" have been taken off the list...are you kidding me? i have started to realize that some of these individuals...acquaintences...are just really really nosy...and feel the need to know what is going on in my world...now that cracks me up...as i don't think my life is some grand existance...but none the less...it is obviously exciting enough for some...

i had one person that i took off the list...when during a conversation she informed me how much she enjoyed my newsletter...because she was starting out doing what i do...and she didn't need to reinvent anything...because she copied and pasted from mine...uh...i don't think so...

i have remained strong...and didn't re-enter their names after much hoopla about why they "need" to stay on the mailings...i guess i am being a bit stubborn...but...in the end...i am trying to grow my business...not entertain those "lookey-loo's" with my life...

if they want to know about me and my life...there are other ways of going about it...nuff said...

No comments: