Thursday, June 18, 2009

His relentless pursuit...

my girlfriend was suggesting a book i should read...and knowing me...i probably will pick it up...
one line that she referred to...so resonated with me...

i am so "overwhelmed by a relentless God"

wow...

i have to admit...i kept saying it over and over...sometimes i just don't understand God's love for me...honestly...i don't think i was meant to understand it...or more so...i couldn't handle understanding it...my human-ness will never allow me to understand it...

but none-the-less...it is there...despite what good i do...which doesn't really amount to a whole lot...or what bad i do...which seems to happen a lot more than i care to mention...despite all that...my God pursues me...

it truly is overwhelming at times...when i try and wrap my little brain around that...He pursues me...

when i have been ready to throw in the towel...He pursues me...
when i have blown it big time...He pursues me...
when i have done nothing to merit a mention...He pursues me...

i do not understand this kind of love...i am overwhelmed by it...and most of all...i am so thankful for it...

His relentless pursuit of me has been my one source of strength so many times in my life...times where i felt i had nothing left...somehow...someway...He intervened...and let me know...let me feel...that i had someone...someone who loved me...unconditionally...

that overwhelms me at times...

as i am writing this post...everything i am feeling...everything that i am wanting to say...i can't...there truly are no words to describe this unbelievable feeling of knowing He is relentless about me...and as the tears are flowing down my cheeks...all i can mutter...is...

thank you Lord for your relentless pursuit of me...

No comments: